Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sparkling Korea here I come!

As I embark on my new journey in life, there'd always be a part of me that wants so much to hold on to the memories so that they don't leave. I am just afraid that I might forget the things that once made me really happy.

With a S$950 return air ticket to Seoul, transiting at Shanghai, with China Eastern Airlines, I was all ready to set off to a new phase in my life! The bbf and sis sent me off at Changi Airport and gave me some food to eat onboard the plane should I get hungry. Awww. How sweet they are.

 
 
Kelly even got the JC classmates to write me a card to wish me a great trip! It means a lot because it will be my longest trip out of Singapore (6 weeks), of which I will be travelling on my own for 2 weeks, the very first time that I will do a trip independently. Maybe I can read the card when I get lonely travelling alone and know that I always have friends with me.

There was a flight delay when Chrystal, Meimei and I transited from Shanghai to Seoul and ended up reaching Incheon Airport at 11pm. By the time we reached Incheon International Airport, we could only take the public subway halfway to our destination and had to take a taxi to our hostel.

We finally reached Incheon International Airport!

To our horror when we reached the last subway station that we could go to, our cards wouldn't work and we couldn't exit the gantries. There was no station master because it was already past midnight. Left with no choice, Chrystal, Meimei and I took turns to climb over the gantries and pulled our extremely heavy luggages over the gantries. What a night!

It was raining when we got out of the subway and we were so lost, not knowing where exactly we were and how far we were to our destination. There were two nice Korean guys who offered to share their cab with us but realised that we weren't going the same way and wished us good luck to get the next cab soon. Thankfully we finally got a cab and made it to our hostel at 1am!


Starving, I had my first meal in Korea - supper. I like how there's so much food around our hostel and the fact that Asians are so hardworking that you can find food so late into the night and there's so much variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment